Logo Trans Tag

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

StrataTax has put together a list of FAQs and links you may find helpful. We update this list regularly, so bookmark this page and check back often. If you know of a good resource you’d like us to include (or if you find a broken link), please tell us about it.

Assistance with Your Tax Preparation:

Which documents should I provide for my income tax preparation?
Please provide your income and expense documents for tax preparation. For detailed information, refer to StrataTax’s document “Documents to Provide for Tax Preparation”.

How do I pick a tax preparer?
Also see “Tax Preparer Qualifications” on the right side of this page.

How can I confirm my tax return preparer’s credentials?

What should I do if I am missing a Form W-2?
You can ask your employer to send new a copy of your W-2.

What should I do if I am missing a Form 1099-B, Form 1099-Div, or Form 1099-Int?
Your bank, financial institution, or brokerage firm may have the Form 1099 available to download from their web site, or you can call their customer service number to get a copy sent to you.

If you earned $600 or more as an independent contractor or consultant, your client is required to send you a Form 1099-MISC to report your income. You are still required to report the income on your income tax return even if you didn’t receive a Form 1099-MISC.

California Department of Motor Vehicles, Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator

List of IRS Qualified Charitable Organizations

Federal (IRS) Information:

Internal Revenue Service Information:
Federal income and payroll taxes

Where’s my federal (IRS) refund?

How can I pay the IRS online?

Where’s My IRS Amended Return?

Federal Income Tax Withholding Calculator

Can I obtain copies of my tax documents from the IRS?
The IRS receives copies of your tax documents. You can download or request a copy of your Wage and Income Transcript from the IRS by going to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript.

California Information:

State of California Franchise Tax Board Information:
State income taxes

Where’s my California state (Franchise Tax Board) refund?

How can I pay the Franchise Tax Board online?

California State Board of Equalization
State sales tax

California Employment Development Department
State payroll taxes

California Secretary of State
Corporation, LLC, and Partnership formations, UCC filings, and Trademarks

Tax Planning and Business Information:

San Diego Assessor / Recorder / County Clerk for Property Records, Fictitious Business Name

United States Patent and Trademark Office